Friday, March 21, 2008

Comment dit-on "oy vey?"

Busy/fun week. Two friends--one from Bennington [Liz] and one from Michigan [Gabe]--paid me a visit! Unfortunately it got very cold for most of the week, but there were a couple sunny moments thrown in there.**
The week included jewish bakeries, youth hostel shenanigans, rain, stolen oranges, a roughly 20 euros/day budget, funny french boys wearing oversized hats, glowering babies, and sleep deprivation.

Another gorgeous day at the Jardin de Luxembourg:




I probably went to the eiffel tower four times last week just between the two of them. The day we finally went to the top I was worried Liz's excitement would give her a hernia. I think she's all right.


These brilliant Eiffel Tower pictures can be credited to Liz, cause I gave her free reign over my camera while I tended to my frost-bitten fingers. The one above though was taken by a French lady. Who knows what a French person was doing at the Eiffel Tower...






Afterwards we went to a café-brasserie [picture of Liz's western-themed beer, Desperados, found below.] and then stumbled upon quite the rowdy St. Patrick's Day celebration.


**God? I'm ready for sun and warmth now. Just saying.

1 comment:

Gabe said...

Did you pay someone to design your blog? I think you did. Also, the picture at the park with the grass on the bottom and the people's legs showing at the top is most probably the coolest thing I've ever seen.